Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 2 Part 2 Still Friday

Later in the afternoon we went to the Pier in St. Petersburg. The outside was interesting to look at. It is shaped like an upside down pyramid. On the inside - we really didn't find much to do. We looked around the shops they have and bought 2 t-shirts and beach bag. Then we went to the top and looked at the view. There is a small aquarium on one of the floors but we opted to not go through it. I guess I am glad we went but it is not someplace I need to ever go back to.

The Pier


A hurricane simulator that the boys tried out.



View from the top of the Pier


For dinner we went to Silas' Steakhouse near our hotel. Brad and I got the Hurricane Eva which was really good. The boys got sirlion steaks. They were not so good - very fatty. The service was very slow. I would probably go back for the Hurricane Eva - which is a Filet Mignon topped with crab meat (or shrimp I can't remember which) and Bearnaise sauce.

It rained most every evening we were there.



But it made for beautiful sunsets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.