Friday, June 27, 2008

this week - Bear Camp and other Cub Scout activities


This week was mostly geared toward scouts...

Saturday afternoon we went to the Pack's June family activity. We met at Blue Springs Park, played games, visited and ate snacks everyone had brought to share. The kids spent a lot of the time on the merry-go-round and slides at the playground.

Bright and early Sunday morning, Brad and Alec met our den at the church and headed out for Bear Camp. It was at Camp Naish starting Sunday morning and going through Monday afternoon. They did activities that included woodworking, leather working, archery, BB guns and water play. They called Sunday night at 9:40 and both sounded very tired. But they agreed it was a 'good' tired and they were ready for a good night's sleep.

Meanwhile, back at home, Jason and I didn't do anything too exciting. I drug him to Linens and Things to check out their 'going out of business' sale. No great bargains yet. I could have gotten a greater deal using coupons but they no longer allow them. Oh well. Jason survived that and we went to the mall for a little while. We didn't do much there but eat in the food court and walk around a little bit. Neither of us knew what we wanted to do so we came back home. I mowed the lawn and Jason goofed off.

Monday was even less exciting. I cleaned out the fridge and went to the grocery store. Jason kept asking when Alec would be home. He's lost without his little buddy.

Brad and Alec arrived home around 5:30. They said they had a good time at camp. I wish they had taken a camera. I will have to get some pics from one of the other scouts.

Tuesday was back to work for Brad and I. Brad found out he was moving to a different team and is going back downtown. He was very happy about this. There had been a lot of 'issues' with his current team.

Tuesday night - one last scout activity for the week. This one was just for me though. I had to attend the day camp parent meeting. It was fine but lasted too long. Day Camp is coming up in couple of weeks. I am going to go with Alec on Monday and Friday. The other 3 days are covered by other parents. I think he prefers it when I don't go. Oh well - he is stuck with me for 2 days anyway.

That's about it. Wednesday and Thursday were just work (me and Brad) and play (the boys). Brad and I did go buy a new color laser printer last night. I am kind of bummed though that my ink jet photo paper will not work in it. It just comes out as a big smear. Guess I will have to go buy laser photo paper. I did not know there was a difference.

Until next week.........

No comments: