Monday, October 06, 2008

October

Did you know........
No other month starts on the same day of the week as October in leap years.
Just a random fact to make you think.

I visited UCM in Warrensburg today. They offer a degree in photography - which I am seriously considering - with a minor in Graphics. Warrensburg is closer than I thought but still about a 40 mile drive. I think a commute for something you want vs. one for a 'job' will be well worth it. There aren't any other colleges around here that offer the photography degree.

This Friday, October 10 - Brad's grandmother - Gladys Willis - will be inducted into the Jena High Hall of Fame. There was an article in the Jena Times. Unfortunately they must not archive their articles on the net - because I can no longer find it at thejenatimes.net. It was a very nice article and this is quite an honor. I certainly can't do her accomplishments justice with just this little blurb - but she was a teacher for many years, is very involved in her church and still volunteers at the hospital one day a week. Gladys - aka 'Mammaw' Willis will be 94 on October 17.

No comments: