Monday, January 19, 2009

History is being made this week...

Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Tomorrow is the inauguration of our first black president. Dr. King would have been very pleased. Congratulations to President Obama!

In the Glascock household - it is a pretty quiet week. All my boys have been enjoying their day off lounging around the house. I went to a movie and lunch with Carla. It was nice to see her. I miss seeing her since we don't work together anymore. We saw 'Last Chance Harvey' with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson. It was pretty good.

My first two days of school were uneventful. I am the oldest student in the class - but that's okay (I guess). I think it will be a good class. I have been finding out how much I don't know!

I reconnected with a couple of old friends on Facebook this week. I know some people think Facebook is silly - or just for teenagers - but it's not. I really enjoy checking in with my 'friends' everyday.

I guess that is it for now. Time to do something productive.

Jake and Jill's party at Grandma and Grandpa's house

No comments: