Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Adventure 2010 - Day 1

and so we begin....
We left home at 11:20am. We drove 4 minutes before our first stop :) - QT to fill up with gas. Then we were really on our way. We got on I-70 and headed east.
Not far from home we saw an idiot on a motorcycle - doing wheelies and weaving in out of traffic - driving way to fast. Hopefully he did not kill himself or anyone else.
Our first stop (after QT) was in Kingdom City, MO at Nostalgia-ville. We saw several billboards for it along the way so we decided to stop. We didn't buy anything. Mostly we really stopped for the bathroom. :)
Next stop was White Castle in Wentzville, MO. Neither of boys had ever had White Castle - so we thought they should experience it.
We drove on to I-64 and through St. Louis. We saw the arch and drove over by it but decided it was too hot and crowded to park and get out. We'd all been there before anyway. The river was very high and there were some closed roads in that area. We also saw a mostly submerged statue.
We made another bathroom stop then headed on through Illinois. Not much to see along I-64. We went on to I-57 then I-24.
We ended up tonight in Oak Grove, KY at the Quality Inn at 7:30. We had a bite to eat at a very loud Mexican restaurant and then the boys and I came back to go swimming while Brad went to Wal-Mart.
Brad's watch quit working this morning. He saw it as a sign that vacation was starting and there was no need to pay attention to the time. Of course all day he kept asking what time it was and went and bought himself a new one tonight.
I guess that is about for day 1! Oh and I drove the whole way today. I think tomorrow is Brad's turn.
Time to get some sleep.

No comments: