Friday, July 11, 2008

More 4th of July, Friends and Neighbors, Scout Day Camp

4th of July evening was pretty nice this year. Nobody got too crazy, the kids had fun and I wasn't a nervous wreck for once. The weather was awesome too. The temp got down in the 60's and there was a nice breeze. We all grilled hotdogs and Lucia made popcorn on the outdoor grill. We had the outdoor fireplace blazing and made s'mores. We ate, drank and enjoyed the company of family and friends.


The kids sang the 'Star Spangled Banner' for us.


On Saturday, Lucia, Jennifer and I went to see the Sex and the City movie. I really enjoyed it and it was nice to leave the kids home with the guys for once.
We spent even more time with the cul-de-sac on Saturday evening. We all went to dinner at 'On the Border'. Six kids and six adults. We had a nice time with more eating, drinking and visiting.

Sunday was mostly lazy except for the hour or so I went to help setup for day camp.

Monday came the start of Cub Scout Day Camp. We had 18 boys and 9 adults on the first day. The weather had warmed up a lot from 4th of July and it was very hot and humid. I was very ready to go home by the end of the day. It didn't seem to phase Alec much - but I was sure hot, tired and sunburnt.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were more day camp for Alec. Brad and I both went to work and Jason was home alone.

Wednesday night Taryn called to tell us that her mother had gotten remarried. She did it without telling any of her kids. Crazy.

Friday I went back to day camp with Alec for the last day. It was really hot again but all the boys had spray bottles and kept us cool. We left right after the family lunch. We were supposed to go swimming but plans got changed and we just stayed home in the afternoon - which was fine with me. I am more of an air-conditioning/fan kind of person. The great outdoors, in the summer, - especially the buggy woods - is not my thing.

Alec at the Bubba Gun shooting range


Friday night, our little family of 4 watched a rented DVD together - Drillbit Taylor
That's pretty much it for this week.

No comments: