Friday, July 18, 2008

This week...uneventful

Not too much news this week. It was a nice, quiet week.

Last weekend we did a little yard work on Saturday and then spent most of Sunday cleaning out the garage. What a mess! We have too much stuff. I think it is time to simplify our lives! I had that exact conversation with my friend Kay at lunch on Tuesday. We discussed how too much stuff can really weigh you down. Her goal is to make her house feel as peaceful and uncluttered as a spa. That is a great goal! I think I will have to wait until the kids move out to be able to do anything like that. But I sure could get rid of a lot of stuff in the mean time.
It was really nice to see Kay. I hadn't talked to her for several months. She mentioned restarting our bookclub. I hope she does! I really miss my bookclub friends. Today is going to be catch-up on laundry for the most part. The boys want to go somewhere later - which is fine. We just haven't figured out where 'somewhere' is. Being that we will be gone all next weekend to SD - I would be fine with just staying home.

This summer is flying by! There is only one month left until school starts again.

No comments: