Friday, July 04, 2008

This week......Happy 4th of July!

Friday afternoon the boys and I went to see 'Get Smart'. We all really liked the movie. It was 'laugh out loud' funny. The boys thought I laughed a little too much - but I thought it was hilarious.

On Saturday, we went to my Uncle Mike's 60th birthday party. Thus the pic of my dad and his brothers that I posted on Monday. The black and white pictures were from 1971 and color pics from Saturday.

We didn't do too much the rest of the weekend.
The natural spring in our backyard has been nothing but a pain since we moved here. We tried to make it into a pond for a few years but it takes much more maintenance than we expected. Sunday night we tried to drain it but it is not going well. We need about 80 more bags of rock. What a mess!

Jason and Alec spent the Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday evening at Grandpa and Grandma's. Aunt Nanny came over Tuesday night too. They always enjoy going over there and playing games/goofing off with their grandparents and aunt.

Last night we went and bought the kids some fireworks. They love July 4th. Not me - it makes me a nervous wreck. But I go sit in the cul-de-sac with everyone else and try to have a good time. I can't believe this is our 8th Fourth of July in this crazy cul-de-sac. :)

More 4th of July to come next week. This picture is from last year.
The kids usually put on a little show for us.

No comments: