Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Another lazy day

We hung out at the beach and pool again today. I really like the beach here. It's nice and smooth and easy to walk on. We found lots of half sand dollars but no whole ones.

Tonight we went to 'downtown' Pismo. It's a nice quaint little town with lots of little shops and restaurants. We found one called Brad's restaurant. We would have eaten there but we didn't a big meal. We ate clam chowder (me) and hot dogs and onion rings (the boys) at the Splash cafe instead.

We walked down the pier and watched the sunset. There were many surfers catching some waves right around the time. If you look closely at one of the pictures you can see them.

Tomorrow is another driving day. I'm getting a bit tired of those days but I knew what I was getting myself into. It is 225 miles to our next hotel - Quality Inn in Oakland. That's if we take the interstate. I kind of want to take Highway 1 though. It will be longer but much more scenic.

Brad's restaurant

sunset
surfers
steps from beach to hotel

view from our room. If you look close you can see a little bit of the ocean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep. My foot hurt. How is your shoulder? We were at a ball game when you called Tuesday night. We had lunch with the Aunties yesterday. They canceled the ball game last night. Michelle left for Plaino Texas yesterday and Trent and the kids left for St. Louis. All will be back Friday. Brad will have to come out there and buy his resturant. Love Mom

Dale said...

Dear Travelers,
I was wrong. Hearst Castle was not brought over from Europe. It must be some other castle I was thinking about, but it does have an interesting story. It was designed by one of the first women architects who led the construction for 28 years. They did buy a lot of antiques from Spain to put in it. Her name was Julia Morgan.
Love, Dad, Grandpa